Sunday, November 25, 2012

Wetcanvas Portrait Swap 2012

I finished my partner's portrait for the Annual Portrait Swap for Wetcanvas 2012.  My partner was Carol.  I did her portrait in watercolor and colored pencil (both regular and watercolor). Matted it will fit into an 11x14 inch frame.ere

I had a rough start.  I got the first layer of color on and then just froze.  I had no idea where to go from there.  I finally picked up the colored pencils and it helped me to get going.  I finished it in a few hours tonight.

I would have left off the earrings but she said she always wears earrings.  I could tell she wanted them on so....but they were hard.  I did cheat on the drawing.  I transferred the bits and pieces and the outline from the original.  With all the health issues I have had, I just didn't feel up to doing the drawing myself.  

It didn't turn out as I had expected but all in all I am happy with it.  At least I don't hate it.  Now to get it mailed and on to something else.



No comments: