Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Landscapes for the Postcard Trade on Wetcanvas



There is a new trade on Wetcanvas called "Wish You Were Here".  Postcard sized pieces of original artwork done showing landscapes around the area where you live.  I did a few from my yard and the rest were from photos I have taken when my plein air group goes out. 

The first one is from a trip we made to the mountains which is about 45 minutes from my house.  These mail boxes are about half way there.

The second one is from a cattle ranch in those same mountains.  My friends Ron and Shari lived and worked on this ranch and my art group was able to go there for a painting session twice.  No more trips there tho as my friends retired and moved.

The third one is a metal sculpture of some Mexican musicians from a statuary place called Majestic Palms.  They have some larger trees, lots of pots, metal sculpture, and statues.  And a koi pond with a small bridge going across the pond.  Many, many, many huge koi fish in the pond. 

These are all 4x6 inches on watercolor paper with watercolors, colored pencils, and pens.

No comments: