Thursday, October 02, 2008

Productive day


I worked on a piece for a competition/show for the association that I belong to. BAA or Bakersfield Art Association. The subject for the show is "Valley Scenes". I already had one picture to show. It is the one I did of the old jail from out outdoor museum (Kern County Museum/Pioneer Village). It has a lot of old buildings that have been moved there and refurbished.

The one I did today is of an old school. I stopped and took a photo of it during one of our outings. I knew right away that I wanted to do a picture of it. My scan didn't turn out very good. I will have to take a photo tomorrow in the daylight.

Now I have to get busy and find a frame and get them ready. They have to be delivered on the 4th. Yikes. That's soon. Nothing like waiting till the last minute.

I also have a half done postcard sized picture I'm working on of a goat that lives at the local animal preserve/museum. It has a petting zoo area. The goats are really friendly. They were begging for attention. The next time we go to the museum, I plan to spend most of my time with the goats and sheep. The sheep didn't come up to the fence but the goats stayed close.

Here is a scan of the school picture. In person it isn't that brown on the house. I used some graphite over the picture after the colored pencil was down. My scanner scans graphite as brown. I always have to adjust it in my picture program. But when there is color, can't fix it.

4 comments:

Teresa said...

Good for you on participating in the art show! Love the way you did the grass in this pic. Oh, and yes... I did catch the remark about tomato gravy on my blog...
Tsk, tsk, tsk!! ;-)

Joan said...

Participating is shows is always fun!! You did a nice job on the school...good perspective. Get busy framing!

laura said...

I love the way you handled the trees, and the grass too, Jeanne!

As minhas pinceladas said...

Beautiful Jeanne.
Clara