Saturday, November 12, 2011

Nickels Ranch


Working on the plein air painting I started yesterday when out with my art group. This one and the one from Majestic Palms (the statue) will be in a plein air show at Bakersfield Art Association in December. We went to Nickels Ranch yesterday which is beside the Kern River. Nice day except for the wind and the tiny, irritating flies.

I am taking photos as I work but haven't uploaded any of them yet. I have darkened the background trees and putting the color on the trunks.

2 comments:

ArtistUnplugged said...

This is looking good!!! Look forward to seeing it as it comes along. I have never done any plein air paintings...maybe one day. Hope you are doing well.

Teresa said...

And though you haven't posted it yet... the finished result is wonderful!

(nice to have insider info! LOL!)