Well I still didn't get a definite answer about my infection. My two doctors don't agree on the kind of infection. From the sample they took from the knee, no culture grew. But the infectious disease doctor said he still thinks the knee will have to be removed. And instead of the 6 weeks the surgeon said it would be out, this doctor said the knee would be out and I would be treated for 6 months to a year. As if I wasn't scared about that enough already.
For now, I will continue on the antibiotics for two weeks. Then they will stop them. After that, we wait and see if the infection flares up. I guess the 2 weeks is to see if a lesser infection clears up. Then when they stop the meds, if there is an infection in the bone, it will get worse. He said it could be days, weeks, months. He still thinks that no matter how long it takes, it probably will happen.
So now, I wait. I will be praying very hard for a miracle. And they do happen. It is in God's hands. At least he will be walking with me thru it all.