Saturday, October 17, 2009
Woohoo Trades Finished
I finished both of my ATC trade projects today. I did the last two cards for "Pieces". These last two will go in the mail Monday. Now on to something else.
The Portraiture Forum on Wetcanvas started sign ups for the annual portrait swap today. By November 2 we will know who are partner is and can start to draw/paint. I plan to do mine in graphite this time. Can't wait to see who I get. I hope it is someone with lots of character in their face. And if they have wrinkles, I hope they aren't afraid to see them. All my "Pieces" cards gave me lots of practice.
Here are my pieces of Barbra Streisand and Brad Pitt.
The Kreative Blogger Award was given to me by Jo Castillo. She has been a wonderful art friend for the last few years. I have had a great time getting to know her and following her travels and family life. Thanks Jo.
Here are 7 things you might not know about me:
1. I was born with my feet straight out to the sides and had to wear a brace for the first year after I was born. My feet were corrected perfectly until I had my motorcycle accident. Now they still point forward but are not in the best alignment.
2. My mother was 15 1/2 when she married and 16 1/2 when she had me. They married in July and I came along the next May. By the time she was 21, she had my two brothers who are 11 months apart and I was 4 and a handful and a half. Glad it was her and not me.
3. I am a really picky eater. I don't much like meat. I eat more chicken breast and very little beef. I just don't like the taste or texture. Can't stand seafood and don't like fish. I can eat Halibut (but who can afford it), Orange roughy, and Salmon but would rather have something else.
4. I was married on Halloween Day 1970 to my second boyfriend in high school. I was 21, Bill was 20, and the preacher was 23. This Halloween we will have been married 39 years (after 4 years of dating). We lived on the same street but he lived on the 8400 block and I lived on the 4200 block. His mother and I were at the same bridal shower when I was in high school and he and his father picked her up. I don't remember any of them.
5. Growing up I was painfully shy thru high school. After I met Bill, I was able to get over it some. I still feel that trembley feeling I had back then but now I don't let it rule my life. In fact I go overboard the other way now. When I would walk into a room, I felt like everyone was looking at me. Now I feel if they are looking, let them look.
6. My first job at 19 yrs old was at Bank of America. I ran a proof machine that was older than dirt. It didn't have a minus key. I had to learn an old-school way of subtracting with it that the ladies there called 9ing out. You added back in amounts to all the numbers to make each total 10 and zero out. I loved running the machine but hated working there.
7. In high school I never had an art class. I studied to be a secretary. Learned bookkeeping, typing, shorthand, and French. Later I took accounting classes. My jobs were always something to do with numbers (I like things to do with letters better like word games) and I am not good in math. I was good at accounting as I love to find lost pennies but terrible in math class. I never did work as a secretary but can still understand some French, can still write some shorthand. Still type. And was an Accounts Payable clerk in my last job so accounting was used.
Well you get me started and I don't know when to shut up. Now you know way too much about me and probably more than you wanted.