Wednesday, March 24, 2010

No New Art

Nothing new from me in the art department. I have had a bad couple of weeks. One friend passed away on the 15th, a person whose site I have had poetry posted on passed away about the 16th, and this morning I got an email and another friend is gone.

I met him and his wife at an annual mutual friend's barbecue several years ago. I have always joked with them that they are attached at the hip. Wherever he is sitting, she is always by his side. They even had one of those double lawn chairs. I think it was both of their second marriages and they were so in love. I know that she will be lost without him. I too will miss him when I am at the next barbecue. But now he is with his Father.

3 comments:

Joan said...

Jeanne - Again my sympathies!!! It is difficult to lose one friend, and this is just too many. I'm thinking now of what my mother always told me...deaths come in threes. Most of the time she was right. Keep the happy memories of them with you.

Desiree's Designs said...

Oh Jeanne, how sad, I am so sorry. I can't imagine loosing my husband we are so close too. I am sure she is really going through a hard time and needs a good friend. Hugs

Teresa said...

I've been thinking about you.... wondering how you were doing. Last time we spoke I could tell you were feeling the losses keenly. Wish I could make it better.