Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Two More Old Master's



I have finished two more of my representations of artwork by Old Master Painters. I did graphite work of their studies. One is "The Study for the Raft of the Medusa" by Theodore Gericault. I picked it just because I liked the way the light was hitting his face.

The second was "Head Studies of 3 French Magistrates". I chose to do only one of the men, the center one, as I liked the look of his face and the expression.

These were both done with a mechanical pencil on Bristol smooth. They are both 2.5 x 3.5 size. They will hopefully be mailed tomorrow if I get them sprayed in time for the mail.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I was going to try Bristol smooth with pencil! That was my next thought, after I used copier paper for my last drawing. It didnt scan well. too shiny. I was thinking Bristol smooth (strathmore).

Joan said...

Wonderful shading on these!!!