Sunday, June 10, 2007

Guild House Start


Today was not very productive for me. I did go visit the local Michael's store. I was looking for some large pieces of watercolor paper for my Guild House drawing. Here is what I have so far.
I did the drawing on Bristol but the angle of the photo caused me to draw it at an angle. I am afraid it will look too weird when it is framed. So I will transfer my drawing to a different paper before I go on and straighten the house.

I also found some Staedtler Watercolor Crayons. One of the ladies in the plein air group uses Karan D'Ache watercolor crayons. But I think this little set of 12 is new. I tried making some bushes and added water with a waterbrush, and they came out fine. I think I will be able to work with them. Much, much better than Oil Pastels. I can't do a thing with those.

I also received my pocket field sketch box of watercolor paints. I tried them and still not good. I am going to have to practice with a brush. The little field kit will be nice to take along if and when I ever learn how to use them.

3 comments:

Jo Castillo said...

Hi Jeanne,
Nice start on the house. Perspective is difficult. Good idea to change the angle before you get any further. I did a painting for a commission and tilted it like my crooked photo and had to redo it. :(

The drawing looks nice.
Jo

"JeanneG" said...

Thank you Jo. It will be hung and later auctioned for charity so I want it to be as perfect as I can get it.

Joan said...

This looks like it will make a lovely basis for a painting. It is good that you're going to straighten it first. I'm glad you're trying wc crayons. I like them, but am still using regular wcs too. I take my small W&N field kit with me, but use a regular brush. I find that the one they include with the set is too tiny to paint with. Good luck with this.