Saturday, March 01, 2008

Tomorrow is the Watercolor Workshop


I am all packed up and ready for the workshop. I have to carry a large foam core board so can't pull my trolley with supplies. I had to load those into a bag. Since I will be walking with a cane, I need the other hand free to maneuver the board.



Today had good news at the doctors. I had two appts. The surgeon in the morning and the infectious medicine doctor in the afternoon. I don't have to see the surgeon for 3 months. The other I don't have to see again unless something comes up. He said my blood test showed my sedimentary level is still a little high (30) but it has come down (was 50 about a month ago). 50 was with infection. Any way I have to watch for fever, pain, or redness that isn't the flu or a cold. He said I am not out of the woods yet but it looks better.



Here is the first Old Master ATC I did for the exchange project. The original is Study of the Head of a Blonde Woman by William Bouguereau. Mine went to Anney in Germany, and she has received it. I sent a small copy of the original and a short artist's biography with my ATC. Anney said that was really nice to get the extras. I figure while I am learning about them, each person I send to could learn a little too. You can see the original here: http://www.oceansbridge.com/oil-paintings/product.php/65841/1009/

5 comments:

Ai said...

What a gorgeous Old master ATC you did!! Have a great workshop.

Jo Castillo said...

Beautiful, I'm glad you are on the mend. Have fun!

Laurel Neustadter said...

Your drawing is beautiful. Very expressive. I am looking forward to hearing about your workshop.

Beamer said...

That is some excellent work. What medium is that? Looks like chalk.

Beamer

Jamie Williams Grossman said...

Jeanne, great news about the doctor! I'm so glad your leg is doing okay.