Friday, August 14, 2009

Drawing Finally



I'm finally working on something. I decided to go a different way with my Moley Project Book. The theme is "A Postcard". I was going to do pages of the fronts and backs of postcards. Make them look like they had just arrived in the mail. I did two pages of that. But tonight I had a different idea.

I will now do my pictures in graphite and they will be different situations with a postcard placed in each picture. Like a dog chewing one up. One laying on a table. One dropping thru a door mail slot. All different things. The postcards won't really be featured and they won't have a lot of detail. But there will be one in every picture.

I think this will be a better fit for me. I was having trouble getting motivated with the theme. Now I am looking forward to it. In fact I am working on one right now. A prairie dog holding one. This is not finished but just gives you a hint what I'm talking about. Reference photo by Just Chaos from Wetcanvas.

9 comments:

Robyn said...

Very cute idea, Jeanne. Your drawing is going beautifully too.

Jean said...

I like both your new idea and this card..looking forward to seeing others. Dizzy looks soooo cute now with the new hair cut!

Teresa said...

What a great idea! It does sound like lots of fun... and your first one already looks really good.

oliverandjazz said...

absolutely adorable, very sweet work

Azulparsnip said...

sweet

Jo Castillo said...

You clever girl! I love this, great drawing looks like the prairie dogs from here for sure. :)

Ai said...

Very sweet and adorable drawing, Jeanne.

Carol Andre' said...

What a cute idea- I can see why once you hit upon it you got more excited. You are freer to "do your own thing". I find I have to do what I feel inspired by or my art just doesn't come up to "snuff"!

Shelley Malone said...

What a great theme! I love this little guy - can't wait to see more when he's all done.