Saturday, August 22, 2009

Moley Project

I had a nap this evening so am not sleepy. I have been working on my Moley Project Book. I sketched out 3 1/2 double pages. One will have various postcards on it, one has a mailbox with a postcard sitting inside, one is a door with a card coming thru the mail slot, and another is a postcard hanging on a clothesline. I am adding little touches of addresses or messages to the postcards and some will show my sense of humor. And I am naming some of them. One is a snail crawling across a postcard and the name is "Snail Mail".

At least now I feel I have accomplished something. I hate slow art periods. And lately they are coming way too often and lasting way too long. I have to get myself together and fight thru it. As it tends to do, life gets in the way and one has to deal with it.

4 comments:

Joan said...

Sounds like you've got some clever ideas for the pages in your journal. I'm glad I didn't get involved in doing one...I'm spending too much time researching France to do all the painting I want, so an extra journal would be just too much pressure.

oliverandjazz said...

it does indeed sound like your project is coming along nicely, your work so far has been just lovely jeanne, I do hope you show us the whole book when you are through..

artbykarieann said...

I can't wait to see your pages in the flesh so to speak Jeanne. We all get times like that, they do pass thankfully, the thing is not to give up and put it away

Teresa said...

Re: " the slow art periods " .... don't feel bad..... you're not the only one!

Aarrggh!!! Someone please give me a jumpstart!