Wednesday, September 29, 2010
This is Sammie.
After seeing the pet portraits done with the markers in the Wetcanvas Project, and some drawings that Robert did for a scavenger hunt, I decided to try one with my Pitt and Prismacolor Brush Pens (plus a little colored pencil). It turned out a little rough looking but looser and I actually like the way it turned out. Hopefully the one who is to receive it won't visit my blog but I did post on the thread that it would be here in case anyone wanted peek. I may do a few more in this style. Especially as most of the ones I have left to do are cats. I have more trouble with cat hair than I do with dog hair. I will practice one a cat and see.
I did use the brush pens the last time I was out doing plein air with my group. I haven't finished it yet but I like the way it is turning out. I have no problem mixing mediums and enjoy finding new ways to do it.