Friday, January 27, 2012

"Ducks in a Row"


Here is my latest painting. It is called "Ducks in a Row". It is watercolor, watercolor pencils, pen and in & Conte white pencil. About 8 1/2 x 11 size. The reference is by Anne Kelly and used with her permission. I overworked the ducks a little but couldn't seem to get them the way I wanted or the color I wanted.

I fell in love with Anne's photo of these little ducks. She had several views of the ducks including some of them walking thru tall grass. I find it so cute and interesting when I see animals all lined up in a row. Or a line of them looking at the camera.

I have finished all my trades until the new one for Feb is posted on Drawspace. Now I can play a little. I have been in a slump for about a week or so but with this painting, hopefully that slump is over.

I cruised thru Google Street Map view and found a few candid photos of people that I would like to paint. Also some sheep and cows (in a row) that I would like to do.

1 comment:

Talia said...

This is gorgeous, Jeanne. Lots of personality in those little ducks' behinds!