Saturday, November 18, 2006

Late night, early morning


Depending where you live, it is early morning, or maybe late night. I am still up at 1:30 am. I need to get to bed as I have a hari appt in the morning at 8:30 and at least a half hour drive in heavy traffic. The hair dresser has moved this past month to the farthest area from where I live. Before she moved I could make it across town to her shop in about 15-20 minutes.
I have been playing with my Derwent drawing pencils again. I did a picture of KC our Golden Retriever who passed on about 3 yrs ago. I am not really happy with the picture but will probably not do it over. I want to give it to my husband for Christmas. I have done several pencil drawings of her that I liked much better. On this one, the black I used to get the darks of her eyes and nose just look a mess. It got waxy and didn't really look black. Maybe I will try to burnish those two areas.
My bird is behind me in her cage wanting me to talk. She keeps asking me "What are you doing". Of course even if I told her, she would still ask again and again and again.
Well I can't stay awake much longer. I just wanted to get something posted for today.
I worked on new pieces for the scavenger hunt which started today. A pretty good list. I have 5 items finished and 5 of them are already posted. Hopefully tomorrow I will work on my WDE drawing for the week. And I still need a Christmas card for another forum. I haven't a clue what that will be. I am not good at making something up from my head. I would like to do something that is more spiritual instead of something that shows commercialization. But a spiritual picture is even harder to "imagine" from my mind. I thought about a child praying but would need a ref picture. Also a fireplace with a burning fire, but ...I could do a candle still life but sounds boring. I will have to think awhile longer. It has to be posted by Dec 15 so I have a bit of time.
Well time for some beauty sleep (if only that were possible). Tomorrow, strike that...today is another day.
Live in harmony with each other. Don't be too proud to enjoy the company of ordinary people. And don't think you know it all! Romans 12:16

No comments: