Friday, February 27, 2009

Friday Night

The last couple of days I have been doing some weeding out of clutter in my house. Well maybe more like rearranging the clutter. Not sure I really got rid of anything. You know the old saying "I might need it some day".

I have finished 3 more memories cards and I have figured out a few more "ideas" for the cards. I had to put more African cards on hold. I think I burned out on those. I am giving myself a few days to concentrate on the memories cards instead.

The Moleskine Project started tonight on its journey. The originating gallery had them on display tonight from 4-10 in their own gallery. Now they will be moving around for one or two day shows to other destinations. There was a live feed but I forgot to sign onto it until it was too late.

I also want to try a portrait in colored pencil. I did the portrait kit from Ann Kullenberg's website. I wasn't too thrilled with my picture. But I got away from it for a couple days and now realize even tho it still looks kind of "paint-by-numberish", it does look pretty good. It's just that it has so many different colors and they seem to not go together in my eyes. But I when I look at a photo of a face, I don't see all the colors in it. I see the light and dark but don't really see yellows, blues, greens, etc.

I will hopefully work thru that eventually. We shall see. But I do need a lot of practice, practice, practice.

1 comment:

Donna said...

I think I'm going to do some re-arranging of clutter myself! I cannot see colors in photgraphs,either. The person has to be in person,preferably in sunlight. Author, Susan Sarback call this "full color seeing". You first have to learn how to ignore the local color. Try it when you are in sunshine -what is your first glance impression besides the local color?