Wednesday, May 04, 2011

My Back Yard


I decided to paint in my back yard today. I enjoyed being outside with the dogs and doing some painting. This is the raised flower bed that runs across the back of my yard. Behind the fence is another level of yard that really doesn't get used.

The plant in the pot is my tomato plant with many blooms and quite a few small tomatoes on it. A couple of the plants back there including the ivy on the right, were plants from my husband's funeral. The plants with blooms are geraniums. The largest one and part of one of the others have pink blooms but they look more red in my painting. And there is even an asparagus fern in there. Since I can't get down on my knees to work in a ground level flowerbed, this one is perfect for me.

One of the ladies in my art group does some painted (fake) mats on her paintings. She does the "mat" first and brings them dried to our outings. Hers are really beautiful. I decided to try a similar version. This scan shopped off most of one end so I cropped it in my Picture Viewer on the other side to match. In person, all edges have the same size color "mat".

5 comments:

Keith said...

Great burst of colour. Love that orange border. Can tell you enjoyed being outside.

Teresa said...

I love the painted mat. Tried that a time or two and loved the result.... but for some reason I forgot all about it! This is a lovely painting and your colors are wonderful. I like raised flower beds... especially as I get older ;-)

Ai said...

I like your bkyard and your mat border.

Heather said...

Ooooh this is really pretty! I love it!

Beads2yarn said...

OHHH I love your garden picture, what a beautiful scene you get to sit and paint. A very lovely painting., Pam