Sunday, May 29, 2011

Sketchbooks with a Theme


I have put in an order for several sketchbooks. I plan to start several theme sketchbooks. One I have already started with the theme people. They will be from photos or Google street maps. The ones on Google street maps won't have faces but I can get some good gesture practice.

I did one EDM of some Amish women working in a field. I liked how it turned out. then I did one of two people walking on a beach. I will post those soon. In fact I need to upload the finishing sketches for the EDM. I finished those early.

I also hope to do one sketchbook with animals. I do know I will continue doing the EDM items. I will go back to the list and start with number one. I bought a couple more of the books I did the May EDM in. I will continue the rest of the items in those. I think there are about 300 items on the list and I have only done 31 (101-131) so I have quite a few to do.

I will also start the Illustration Friday soon. I have list of those prompts saved in a Word Document. There are many of those also. But soon we will probably have the triple digit heat and I won't want to do much during the day but sit under the cooler and fans. Lots of time for artwork.

I am still following my Weight Watchers Online program. I started May 1st so it has been about a month now. I have lost 9.8 lbs. Now a new problem. Clothes that don't fit. Always some kind of problem develops. Too soon to buy new as I don't know where I may stop. So for now I go around in loose tee-shirts and baggy pants. I am thankful for the loss of even the 9+ lbs. I was getting way too heavy. Now if I can just keep it off.

I have dieted all my life. It ended up being yo-yo dieting. After a big loss, I would gain back double or triple what I had lost. Well I finally decided that it was not helping me any so just stopped dieting. But as I get older, I gain any way. So it was time to do something. I sure do miss those chips tho. And spaghetti and french bread, casseroles, pizza, KFC, and my Sunday brunch out with friends of a waffle, hash browns, 2 slices of bacon, and toast.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great sketch Jeanne and good luck with the Themme sketches, good idea.

Also congrat on the weight loss. Keep up the good work. you will feel so much better for it.

Katherine Tyrrell (ipad) said...

Wow - great weight loss!