Monday, April 21, 2008

WDE


I participated in the WDE this week. It was Mithila's photos. The one I did was of her friend.

I won't be going with the plein air group this week. I started therapy again for my knee. I have an appt on Wednesday. For the future ones, I will make them for days other than Wed but this week, I am being squeezed in.

At therapy today, I had a nice surprise. The work I had done at home since the last therapy session maybe a couple months ago, was apparent. I was able to ride the recumbent bike all the way around on the wheel. Before I had to go back and forth because I didn't have enough bend. I was so excited, and felt like a real person again.

Funny how your feelings about yourself can be altered so severely. I have been through surgeries before and didn't have any problems with them. This one was different. And because I didn't expect problems, they took the wind out of my sails. It was a hard recovery and I am so glad it is over. When asked about my pain level, they seem surprised I have none. At least not in my knee. But my ankle is another story. That will never be better. That I have to live with. But at least I can now say, I am glad I had the knee replacement. For awhile there, it was iffy.

3 comments:

Joan said...

Nice job on the portrait! Wonderful news about the progress with your knee!!! You had me worried for quite a while.

Jo Castillo said...

Good drawing. How wonderful that the knee is doing so well. Whew! Take care, now!

bmw1zero0@lycos.com (Beamer) said...

Glad to hear things are going so well with your knee. Too bad your ankle does want to comply. Physical therapy won't help it?

Beamer