Friday, May 16, 2008

2nd Patriotic Picture


Here is the second patriotic picture that I did and entered. This one was inspired by the plate. I found it in the Goodwill store, then started looking for other things. I found only the flag. Then at home I started scrounging for other things and this is what I ended up with.

I have some squares of an appliqued quilt I am making. One of those blocks was done with appliqued hearts in red, white, blue fabrics some of which had stripes and/or stars. I used that to design my background. The quilt blocks are in blue background but that washed out my other things. So I chose a gold colored background color and tucked some appliqued hearts among the items.

This one is about 11x14 done with colored pencils on watercolor paper. The eagle is just a bit smaller and done with colored pencils on Bristol smooth paper. Click on the image to see it larger.

No comments: