Thursday, December 07, 2006

Christmas Wishes


Today I did a drawing of a Christmas Cactus. I posted it in the Colored Pencil Forum of WC without a background. I wasn't sure I could do a background and not mess up the picture. But I printed off a page with 9 copies and played with some color on the background. I was using Inktense Pencils for the cactus and wanted to finish with them but all the colors are pretty dark. All except yellow (looked gold on the pencil). I am not usually a yellow kind of person, but that is the color I ended up with as a background.

I did try some watercolor pencil colors as background too but still nothing worked but yellow. It is very, very bright now. But all other colors took the focus from the flower. So I went with the yellow.

2 comments:

Jo Castillo said...

I will try to comment again. I just love this. My mom had a cactus like this. The complimentary background makes the flower pop.

Jo

"JeanneG" said...

Thanks Jo. Nice to see you visiting. I always wonder if anyone is reading my blog.