Sunday, December 31, 2006

Happy New Year!


Well this is the last day of 2006. Time for looking back. I have accomplished a lot this year. I have been sketching from life, which I had not done much before. I am using color in my sketches and drawings. I have purchased and used several new types of colored pencils. I have taken several classes at the WC forum. I have joined a couple more forums. I participate in the forums for drawing challenges, scavenger hunts, etc. I even play host on the scavenger hunts.
I have completed 23 scavenger hunt lists and hope to do many many more. I have learned how to blog, and I have become a fan of many bloggers and artists who have taught me many things.
My Goals for 2007:
I plan to continue to improve my drawing skills. I would like to market some of my work. I would like to learn more about watercolor. Continue to use watercolor pencil. Improve on portraits. As I told everyone in the WDE, I will learn to draw teeth. I will work on making my sketches more finished. Continue my blog. Begin writing my poetry again. Take as many classes and learn as many new things as possible. And get better and better with the things I already am comfortable with. Most of all practice, practice, practice.
I used Derwent Drawing Pencils to put some color to my self portrait.

3 comments:

SNAKE HUNTERS said...

LAST POST OF 2006...

I've tried to warn them, for a Year!

(See Comments) reb

www.lazyonebenn.blogspot.com

Robyn Sinclair said...

Jeanne - Your self portraits are wonderful. Have you ever lined them all up and seen the artistic journey you have taken? Congratulations!

"JeanneG" said...

Robyn I haven't lined them up but I do know there has been improvement. It had lots of room for improvement tho.