Saturday, July 08, 2006

7-8-06


It is now the middle of the night. The night will be short for me. I checked out a ton of sites today. The new class at WC will be composition. I looked for information about that. I need to learn about this subject.

I start tax classes next week and also a parttime job. It will cut into the time I can spend on the computer and art but regretfully we need to eat.

I still have not done my Illustration Friday drawing. I don't post them on the site, but I do sketch something for it every week.

I must get back to writing poetry. I miss it. I haven't done any for several weeks, and I need to get back to doing it regularly. I do that in church also, mostly spiritual ones, but have been sketching in church instead. I have to keep my hands busy while I listen to the sermon. Otherwise I fidget too much.
I need to get to bed now and some much needed rest. I tend to burn the candle at both ends and at my age, that is not a good thing. I need all the rest I can get and much beauty sleep.
When I do self portraits, I see myself in the worst possible light. This one was done 7-6-06. It looks similar to me but it looks older and more stern than I really am. But at least I am getting some "from life" drawing done, and I am getting a selection of self portraits stacked up. Nice to be able to compare those for any improvement.
"I can do everything through Him who gives me strength". Phil 4:13
When one door of happiness closes another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us.
Helen Keller

No comments: