Saturday, July 15, 2006

My Saturday





I spent this morning in a make up tax class. I missed one on Friday. We spent Thursday night at the emergency veterinarian. Our dog had an allergic reaction to an insect bite. She looked like something from outer space. Her eyes looked like she had golf balls under the skin. Eyes close almost shut. The top of her nose swelled, her neck, and her ears were about a half inch thick. I have never seen anything like it. She had some shots and visited her regular vet Friday. Swelling is going down. She is on 100 mg of benadryl 3 times a day thru the weekend. Quite a scare for her and us. Left the house too fast and didn't take my sketchbook or her leash.

I did some sketching while in the class this morning. I didn't look to see if anyone was watching. It's like I am in my own little world. I can't believe I didn't even look to see if the lady next to me was watching. And I didn't even try to hide my sketchbook. I even showed the teacher during the break.

After I got home, I did two more sketches for the scavenger hunt and a "from memory" drawing of what the dog looked like swollen. It is not very good but gives you an idea of how bad it was.

"Those who believe in God will be careful to use their lives for doing good. Titus 3:8

No comments: