Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Not much art Wednesday


Today was the day I usually do my art en plein air. But no outing today or next Wednesday. I really enjoy my outings and really missed it today. It is so nice to know that I have a planned time for art. Gives you a push out the door. At home you can keep putting off things you want or intend to do. But when you have a "date" or plans with others, you keep the appointment whether you really feel like it or not.
It's not just about the art we do that day. It is also the getting together with like-minded people. To just enjoy their company or to pick their brains for information. Each person no matter how long they have been doing art, or what medium they use, has experiences and viewpoints. Just by sitting nearby, you hear little snippets of information. And the critiques are like little mini classes. More info to process and store.
I helped hubby get ready for his camping trip. Usually he gets off work too late to leave on Wednesday evening. But today he had a shorter day. He left this evening. He will be able to get his trailer parked and set up tonight and have 3 1/2 full days to relax. And me...I don't have to cook or do anything I don't want to do. Just the dogs and I can vegetate the rest of the week.

I worked on another foot tonight and two of the items on the new scavenger hunt list posted today. I think I will work on doing the hunt items in more detail this round.

2 comments:

Joan said...

Sorry you didn't have an art outing this week. Time with other artists while you're creating is important and you learn a lot. Enjoy your break while your husband is gone. Take some time for YOU!

Jo Castillo said...

Jeanne, Joan is right. Enjoy your free time and have fun with your art.

Take care,
Jo