Monday, August 21, 2006

Monday


Another day down. So glad they keep coming. I went art supply shopping today. Aaron Brothers had 50% off on sketchpads. I also found some woodless Koh-l-noor colored pencils that I liked. I like the smoothness. Also no waste. All pencil and you can use the tip or the side. I also like the woodless graphite for use on the back of my drawings to transfer them to other more expensive paper. Regular pencil takes too long to cover the back of a drawing.

I did a drawing this last weekend of my husband. I have wanted to draw it ever since I took the photo. I tried to color it in colored pencil but I messed it up. Tried to blend it and the eye color smudged into the face color. Very stressful when you have a lot of color done and then mess it up.

The puppy made it thru two days of me being gone without tearing anything up that I value. She just unstuffed a couple more dog toys and chewed another plastic Coke bottle. Maybe we will make it thru her chewing stage yet. She sure is wound up by the time I get home. But hopefully when she realizes I will be back, she will get less stressed when I am gone.


"Draw close to God, and God will draw close to you". James 4:8, NLT

1 comment:

seastartrue said...

Very good, you are doing better and better on your portraits.

Ladyariel